Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rosehill Hospitality house

Where do you stay when you are in another state and don't know anyone?  How do you manage to stay with your child while they are in the hospital?  In SLC we stayed at a friend's house and then at the Ronald McDonald House.  Here they have a Hospitality house called Rosehill.  You can read about it here.

It is really great to stay here.  It is so close to the hospital I can walk and if it is really late or l can't walk, like right after the surgery, the hospital security will give you a ride.  There is a simple room with a bathroom and there is a common kitchen and living area.

Most of the people here are dealing with hard things.  I think there are three NICU moms here right now.  Some of the people are getting cancer treatments.  Some just have relatives in the ICU.  We are all trying to survive the experience and get our loved ones home.  The staff have been wonderful and it is really nice to have a place to stay and not have to worry about how much it is going to cost and where we can rest.

We did have an adventure the other day, we woke up to the smoke alarms going off.  My Mom, Amaree and I gathered our things and went out into the cold with everyone else.  The fire department came and security showed up to make sure we were all okay.  Eventually they cleared the house and we were all able to go back in.

 I tried to get Amaree to take a picture with the fire fighters, but she was too shy. So I am sorry I don't have any pics for this post.  I am just so greatful we have this place to stay.  I don't  what we would do without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment